Exmark Metro 21

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smcguirt, Jul 2, 2004.

1. smcguirt

smcguirt LawnSite Member

How many people have these mowers and do you like them more than the Toro or the Honda. I am thinking of buying one this afternoon after the rain stops. I am looking at the BBC with Kawasaki 6 HP. I have searched the forums and I know this has been discussed before, but I keep going back and forth between the Honda 216 and the Exmark 21. I have a Honda harmony currently and have recently replaced the transmission and I think it may be going out again and it is about 5 years old. I have a few yards that only want a 21 no walkbehind so I want something good that will mulch and bag well. I know that either mower would be a huge difference in quality compared to the harmony.

Thanks,
    shawn

2. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I have a toro proline 2cycle and I checked out the exmark 21inch and I dont see a bit of diference. I have owned mine for some time now and its a pretty well built mower, very solid and heavy. I wasnt happy with the way it mulched or discharged and I dont bag, but when I do bag it bags fine. I was running my lawnboy with discharge untill I put double blades on my toro - and man what a difference. I run one gator and one reg lift blade on top, with the mulch plug in and it just atomizes that grass. Which is great cause I hate pushing that lawnboy around since my toro is selfpropelled. I really like how well built and solid it is, but I sometimes hate the weight, especialy on wet turf. But I would be hard pressed to find one better.

3. the only difference between the toro proline and exmark is..engine selections and the toro has recyler kickers under the deck

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The Kaw Metro is a Beast....I'm Guessing a Good 20lbs Heavier then a Toro Suzuki Powered Proline...!

5. smcguirt

smcguirt LawnSite Member

I got the Metro 21 on Friday afternoon and I cut one of my yards that only wants the 21 and WOW what a difference and amazing cut. AWESOME mower!! I mulched and bagged and was impressed with both even though a better mulching blade would be better. Nice mower I am happy I went with the Metro and I highly recommend it.

Thanks,
    Shawn

6. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

i got one of the metros and i liked it so much we got another one we mow about 15 yards a week with them

7. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

My guess is that they're great mowers, but they weigh a ton. No way I'm lugging that kinda beast around.

8. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The Kaw Powered Proline is a Beast to Turn & Pull Backwards & Lift...Look for a Suzuki/Toro !

9. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

we have the ones with the 6.5 kaw on them and their not that heavy to me

10. MightyMc12

MightyMc12 LawnSite Member

I would swear by my Toro Proline. I bought one at a second hand store it turned out to be a 1985. I cleaned out the carb but a new spark plug on it and I now use it as a reliable back up mower. Those things are made to last.