Exmark Metro 26 Pushmower "Your thoughts"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DGM, Apr 5, 2005.

1. DGM

DGM LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

I have maily used Snapper Commercial self propelled mowers with the Robins 2 cycle engines on it. (2 cycle is being discontinued) Tell me what you think about the Exmark metro 26 compared to the other brands of commercial mowers. How well does it hold up also how well does the engine hold up?

I need something reliable and will last & hold up and not be worn out at the end of the summer.

2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I pass on this 26" gimmicky...better off get a used 36" eXmark, saving you bunch of money. Try to get at least 12.5 hp and up that it sounds like true commercial mower.

3. DGM

DGM LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

The only thing is that I need a push mower, reason being the areas that need to be cut you can only get push mowers in there and there are alot of cars in the way. We have big mowers that we do big areas with.

4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

This has been beaten to death like a dead horse lol. You can't use a 36 on all lawns, some aren't even big enough and the 36 would just be stupid. I ordsered 2 and should have them in 2 weeks. For roughy $200 more then a Metro 21" , it just made more sense.

5. googleplex

googleplex LawnSite Member

Jeff, a few questions:

1) who's your dealer?
    2) how much for the 26"?
    3) is it definitely shipping in 2 weeks?

Thanks in advance