ExMark Metro 26"

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by oslo, Mar 15, 2006.

1. oslo

oslo LawnSite Member

Brother-in-law called me today to ask about buying one of these. I have never seen one of these or even heard of anyone who had one, so I had no info at all for him other than the obvious Exmark is probably pretty safe, so I went to their site and looked for it, but not much info on it.

Anyone know of anything offhand that I can tell him about it. He only has about a dozen yards, part time and isn't looking to grow. Wants something he can put in back of his pickup and save time over the 21".

I have no idea about it (positive or negative). Not knowing what it costs, I told him it probably would be more cost efficient to buy a bigger or stick with the 21".

Thanks for any info.

2. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I just seen one at my dealer the other day. It looked like a 21" on steroids.
    It was big and bulky. I would perfer a 32" WB before buying somethng like that.

I see your in Pittsburgh. Ever hear of Fletcher's?

3. oslo

oslo LawnSite Member

Hey, sure have. Haven't been out there though, although I was planning on stopping by there next week to check it out. Gonna be in that area visiting the in-laws who are from your area. Hell, you might service them. Do you do Harrison City/Penn Twp area? I know that is fairly close to Trafford, not exactly sure how close though.

4. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

herd of them never used one never seen one but i would say go with a 36'' or a 32'' u can pick them up under 3grand and i know those 21'' metros go somewhere in the HIGH hundreds...i know a dude who has 4 lawns and uses a 36'' jst b.c he thinks it gives it a nicer cut so im with GM here and would say getr something a little better...

5. Jody P

Jody P LawnSite Member

I too looked at one yesterday. Serveral good features, big machine. Only drawback I saw is that you either mulch or bag, no discharge. Cost is around $1500.00. Unless you have jobs that have small gate openings (less than 36")I think that for $1500.00 I would purchase a decent trim mower and add some more tools.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Use the search feature here and you will find that the Exmark Metro 26 has been a total piece of junk. It has to be the worst engineered machine Exmark has ever turned out. All in all, a big black eye for Exmark.