1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

eXmark Metro 26

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by caelan, Jan 5, 2007.

1. caelan

caelan LawnSite Member

Have all the "bugs" been worked out of the Metro 26 for the 2007 model?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Yes, we feel like the bugs have been worked out on the M26.
    Here is a response form earlier this year on the Metro 26 updates.
    "I can say that thank god we didn't get any in before they stopped selling them last year. They had a ton of issues but they are all fixed.

We are selling them like crazy this year, to both consumer and commercial cutters.

One issue We have found is the BBC cable is coming in from the factory WAY TOO TIGHT, causing the spring on the end of the cable to snap prematurely. This happened on 1 machine and the techs are addressing it during set up and I have made Exmark aware of the situation.

Otherwise, no complaints.

I would like to see them make the bbc control out of something heavier than plastic. Aluminum maybe. Otherise my customers love them.

At just shy of 1500 bucks, great alternative to buying a 32" Metro for people that can't afford it, or dont' have the room on the trailer."
  3. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

that was my quote!!!

We were at Exmark service school today and there are no new upgrades to the 26 machine, which tells me warranty claims on the failures have settled down.

We had a good year with them last year.

They are going to offer a side discharge chute as an accessory sometime in March of 07'
  4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

they showed us a funny video of a lazer seat mounted on the metro 26 and one of exmarks employess actually sitting on the seat on the metro and driving it in the parking lot.

This tells us 2 things.

1, the drive is powerfull

2, people at exmark must have too much fun.

By the way, the Metro 26's don't have any steering so turning it into a rider isn't going to work........hehe.