Exmark Metro 26

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kklein, Mar 26, 2007.

1. kklein

kklein LawnSite Member

Hi everyone,

I'm really thinking about getting the Exmark Metro 26". There is a demo at the dealer for $1000 and I put down $100 to hold it. Since it is the demo, it comes with a KAW engine.

Do any of you guys use this mower? Any drawbacks? It seems that all I've heard is praise for the Exmarks........

Ken Klein
  2. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I've had the exmark 36 with the kawi for about 3 seasons. I have no complaints, the kawi motor has never even needed the choke to start! Cuts great, and I think the one I have has the ECS grips which is much more comfortable. At that price, you can’t go wrong. See if you can get the dealer to give you the original warranty with the unit. The dealer typically hides the "rental" unit in their inventory and sells it to you as new with a discount. That way he keeps it on the floor plan, makes money, and doesn’t pay for the mower. Try to get the warranty!
  3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Do a search on that machine here on Lawnsite. You will not find one good comment about it. It was a total piece of junk. Exmark has tried to improve it, but some say it still is not any good. Better give it a few more years to see if they ever get it fixed.
  4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I was contemplating this again this year. Now that they have 3 years under their belt it should have all the kinks worked out. The key is not getting any of the older machines.
  5. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

opps, :hammerhead: I thought it was a 36"! Still try to get the warranty though
  6. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

2nd year w/ the exmark 26" love it :clapping:
  7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Less than a month after this post I went and bought a 26" metro. I have cut my days by 3/4 and add several new accounts. So far so good. Dealer stands behind it 100% so I figure I couldn't loose. runs like a top and cuts well. all they need to come up with is a good striping kit for it.
  8. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

the metro 26 is a great lawn mower, if you have never used any other mower in your life before it.
  9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I'd like to try one but I wouldn't buy one without getting some hours on a demo.

In other words, I'd buy a Toro, Snapper or Honda Commercial mower before I considered the eXmark.