Exmark Metro 26???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blueribbonlawns, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

So hows this exmark metro 26'' mower it looks realy good but im wondering if anybody's using them also hows the pricing on them thanks.

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

A lot of very unhappy victims of Exmark marketing and a badly designed mower deck IMO. Do a search much has been covered on this topic.

3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Ive been looking at them too my dealer has 1 at $1450 I dont know if its a good deal or not as they are the only Exmark dealer around

4. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Do a search, there are plenty of threads on this mower.

5. BOSCHERT LAWN CARE

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

they are great if you bag..the mulch kit sucks if your removing more than an inch of grass...retail is $1549.00 this year

6. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

ideal for bagging. Don't mulch great, but ok. Had some problems a few years ago when they first came out, have had no issues the past couple.

A handfull of guys on here won't let it go. They are saying they are junk based off their experience a few years ago. Alot can change in a few years.....

7. SHADESOFGREENLAWNCARE

SHADESOFGREENLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Be advised that tellimeca is a dealer. His observations are probably truthful, however, you need to check with others who have purchased the 26" in the past year to be sure.:walking:

8. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Do a Search

9. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I had one of the first Metro 26's. Belts that drove the blade would always break. It also left grass that wasn't bagged on the right side of the right drive wheel. I think all those problems have been fixed. other than that it was a great mower. Those that have not used it say it's under powered but they don't know anything. The 6hp Kawasaki is perfect for the machine. I would love to have another one for the lawns I can't fit my 36" exmark in rather than using the Exmark 21". Hope this helps.

10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

If you mulch it is still junk. Deck is still only around two inches deep on the left side, nothing has changed here. The truth is for mulching the Honda , Toro or Exmark 21,s are more productive, you are less fatigued after using and all three have better finish cuts . So go sell your propaganda elsewhere. Having a small mower that won't mulch is ludicrous.