exmark metro 26

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by db121272, Jan 30, 2011.

1. db121272

db121272 LawnSite Member

does anybody know if exmark is still having problems with the metro 26 , on paper it looks great

2. cvcook

cvcook LawnSite Member

My local dealer said he's not ordering anymore until exmark fixes the flaws. don't remember what they were, but he likes to keep his customers satisfied

3. shooterm

shooterm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

To bad to because alot of people want there lawns traditionally push mowed.

4. cvcook

cvcook LawnSite Member

Not by me, unless it's a tiny yard or they want to pay extra:laugh:

5. CircleC

CircleC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW

I use one on 2 lawns a week. It's ok...its a little heavy to turn, I dont think it bags very well, but it does mow fairly quickly and its easy to adjust mowing height. If you can get one for a good price, would be a good mower to have.

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Wrong, people want it to look good, they don't care how you get there! A Exmark 26 is not the way.

7. ELS LLC

ELS LLC LawnSite Member

Boat anchor. Problem is I purchased 3 of those Exmarks and only have one boat. Loose as a goose in a month. Handles broke after a month. They were welded, strapped, bungeed and put away to rust. The Toro Proline or Honda Comm. 21 only way to go.

8. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

I have three of them, but we only use them a few times per week. Have not any troubles with them, but please note they are seldom used. I don't have any issues with cut quality, just better eat a Powerbar before mowing. Good workout when in a tight yard if you are turning alot.

9. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

You might want to take a look at the new YBravo 25" if you have a dealer close by. My dealer is supposed to have these in soon to demo. 117lbs vs. 150lbs on the Exmark 26.

www.ybravo.com

10. Exmark PR

Exmark PR Sponsor

As an Exmark representative, I can tell you that we feel that the problems on the Metro 26 have been addressed. We've fixed the major issues that customers were experiencing with the blade drive belt, front adjuster wear, BBC spring failures, transmission issues and idler arm wear. If you have any other questions on potential issues with the Metro 26, feel free to call our customer service number at 1-800-667-5296 and one of our technicians will be happy to further assist you.