Exmark Metro 26

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ArTurf, Mar 8, 2011.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Who has the Metro 26 and how do you rate it?

2. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

From all the threads I've seen on it, not very good reviews. I've heard underpowered, heavy, and worthless. Search it up and you should find plenty of comments on it. I actually don't think I've seen anything good written about it.

3. Tall Rider

Tall Rider LawnSite Member

Ybravo 25"

4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have 6 of them. Guys love them. Under - powered no! A little heavy but worth the weight.

I have had JD, toro, exmarks, lawn boy, ariens, to name a few. I will put anyone of those next to the metro 26 and you'll see there is a difference.

Price is more but you get what you pay for.

5. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one, guys love it. PIA to load and unload, but for big properties that need a small mower it is great. Power is great IMO.

6. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

Good to hear good reviews, I've always heard the bad ones. I need a new push mower myself and was looking at the 26", but got scared away by some of the reviews in the past.

7. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think if you are loading and unloading it all day long I wouldn't care for it. It has really cut down on some "push mower" times.

8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

When you guys talk about load/unload and being heavy - what are you guys doing lifting this thing into a truck or trailer?

Me or my guys we just put the ramp down on trailer to unload or to load. Strape it to trailer and off we go.

9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

It is a unreliable POC with a lousy cut and worthless mulching ability. A light 21 is faster and where it is not you need a 36.

10. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I agree with the above statement.....we had one and outta 10 being the best of the best, I give it a 2. POS! Heavy-hard to turn-cant mulch-underpowered for size of machine, sold it with 2 months of owning!