Exmark Metro 36" blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheLawnBarber, May 4, 2007.

1. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

So I ordered the Extreme blades from my Exmark dealer because on the Exmark thread ( Metro blades choices ) it states that these are a good choice while bagging. So today was the first day I used them. These blades are a peice of s@#t! My Accelerator catcher didn't even fill all the way! I got better bagging capacity with stock blades which are dull. Before you all ask, the blades are not backwards. My question is, should I purchase a set of the stock blades which come with the mower new. Or, what do you guys recomend in place of the stock blades. Thanks.

2. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

I think the problem with filling your catcher is air flow. The fan of the blade is compromised by the cuts in the blade. Normal flat or offset blades without the mulching capability would work better. Or you could run doubles (combine the two types).

3. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i like and recommend the notched air flow blades. Great pick up and the notched blades create less resistance for the engine.

4. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah the first thing I did when I got home was hosed out the catcher. Thanks for the comments I'll have to just test things out.