Exmark Metro 36 for $1600?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by echeandia, Jan 27, 2008.

1. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I came across this mower that is owned by a guy to cut his 1/2 acre lot for the last 3 years. He bought it new in 2005. It has a 12.5 HP Kawasaki engine and is pretty clean. Would you pay $1600 for it?

mower_side.jpeg

2. QLC- Rick

QLC- Rick LawnSite Member

No way, but...uh...what was his phone# again?

3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

no 1300 at most

4. QLC- Rick

QLC- Rick LawnSite Member

I was just kidding btw. But by the description of it, the mower probably has really low hours on it and not much wear and tear, so the price doesn't seem that far off to me. I'm searching for a good deal on a used WB myself, hard to find when you need one.

5. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

So should I keep looking or try to get the price lower? I don't know how much lower he will go.

6. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

1300 at most see if he will go down.

7. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

You better get a good one now my dealer told me exmarks are going up in price on certain models. So resale is going to go up he marked my up because he ran out of last years models. So good luck get one with low hours. I got a 2004 metro with ecs and 12.5 hp around 200 hrs for 1600

8. Lovingreen

Lovingreen LawnSite Member

I have a buddy who bought one and regrets not spending the extra $$ on a hydro drive, don't mess with the belts even on a 36".

9. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say in the range of 1,000 -1400. Personally 1200 would be the most I would pay, a thousand would be reasonable.

10. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

Yeah if you want a deal look at how they cost your really not even getting half if you sell it for 1500. Neither his or my looked abused great deal I think if I could of found one for that price when I got my I would of bought it. Just cause its a couple years out still great machines never had problem with my just need bigger mower more yards.