Exmark Metro 36" Vs. Gravely Pro G 34"

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by duelly44, Jul 5, 2006.

1. duelly44

duelly44 LawnSite Member

exmark metro 36", 15 kaw (not sure if its a v twin), fixed deck, bagger, ecs steering...brand new 2 yr warrenty for 3200$

gravely pro G 34", 13 kaw V-Twin, fixed deck, electric pto, hour meter, pro steering, bagger...brand new 2 year warrenty for 2800$

What should i do? i need a 36 inch by morning and dont know? pros? cons? anything anybody? help please!?

2. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Both I have heard are good machines.

I would go with the Gravely so if you need a Trimmer or blower along the way, maybe you could put the money away for that.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a tough decision...I would go with whatever feels the best when ya drive it. Havent tried the pro steer or ECS yet so I can really suggest one. Both are great machines though.

4. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I can get the Metro for $2800 with tax around here. Check more dealers. I would go Exmark.

5. justinc

justinc LawnSite Member

I bought the gravely Pro G 36" Prosteer about 3 months ago and I am very happy with it. Demo them both and see which one you like best.

6. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

I have the Gravely Pro G 34" and am happy with it, granted it is my first commercial mower. Mine has the pistol grips which I don't like too much but i've tried the pro steer and liked it very much.

7. baja4wd

baja4wd LawnSite Member
    from South

Bought a Gravely Pro G 34 about 6 weeks ago, excellent machine, gives a great cut & you can't beat the ground speed. It is a heavy well made machine and pulls my 220#'s with ease. I looked at all brands, but the Gravely looked like a solid machine & so far it has lived up to all my expectation's. my 2cents

8. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I have never used exmark, but from what i hear they are excellent machines with excellent customer service. I have used Gravely in the past, It is 1 tough machine. Go with whatever dealer is the closest. You can't go wrong with either. I use An encore 36" I have had it for 5 years, and the only reason i ever took it to the shop till this year was for a flat tire. This year my transmission kept jamming, encore dealer took it apart, re-greased the tranny and it works like new now. Also he never charged me a dime for the repair.

9. duelly44

duelly44 LawnSite Member

thanksx for all the info...anything else!?

10. Firefighter1428

Firefighter1428 LawnSite Member

I have a 36 inch Exmark that Ive been using for 2 yrs now and love it, Havent had any problems with it. I've never used a gravely so cant tell you if its better or not, but Exmark has worked for me. Guess its up to what you can afford at this time.