Exmark Metro 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by YukonG, May 31, 2007.

1. YukonG

YukonG LawnSite Member

I think I found my next WB today. It is a new, leftover 2006 Exmark Metro 36; it's a fixed deck, belt drive, with ECS. The dealer said the only difference b/t this one and a 2007 model is the engine. This one has the 13HP Kaw.

He quoted me $2450 for the machine; and $299 for the bagger.
    He said it's never been used; and it would have the full 2 year warranty.

Is this a good deal?
    Is there anything I should look out for on this machine?
    Anyone else using this machine?

The only other WB that I have looked at, that I like as well, is the Toro T-Bar. But the Toro is about $3000. The ECS controls are nice also.:)
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

dont know about there walk behinds, Bit I have a Lazer AS.. and love it....
  3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I paid $2900 for my 07 Metro ECS with the mulch kit and the Kawi 15 on it. If you cut high grass more than a couple of times a week and have the mulch kit, you'll wish you had the extra horsepower. If high grass isn't an issue, then you'll be ok. As far as price goes, I think you're getting a fair shake. What's more important to me than price is service. I wouldn't go to another dealer over $100-$200 if they take care of you when you need them.
  4. EMTDUCK1984

EMTDUCK1984 LawnSite Member

thats about right for that mower
  5. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Love my Metro 36" It's an 06 as well but with the 15 Kawasaki. I'm not shure if they offered the 13 Kawasaki as I'm flipping through the 06 catalog, there is only the 15 Kawasaki. Are you shure it's not an 05?
  6. YukonG

YukonG LawnSite Member

How can I make sure???
    You have me scared now...
  7. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

the 13hp kawi kai engine was on 05 model. Dealers were still being shipped those units until the pipeline was cleaned out in mid 06. I wouldn't worry about it. It's a great deal and I don't think it's worth spending the 500 bucks for the 15. So your dealer is telling you the truth. The serial number probably starts with 5xxxxx.

Here it is June 1st and i recieved load of reordered 36's yesterday that are finally coming through with 07 build dates. That's how it works. Unless there was a major change, dealers will continue to sell through.

That's why the dealer is offering you a discount. Take it. It's a good deal.
  8. MJR_63

MJR_63 LawnSite Member

Get the accelerator bagger instead of the standard Exmark bagger. I have the Metro 48 and the accelerator bagger is great. No zippers to deal with and it will last a lifetime!
  9. YukonG

YukonG LawnSite Member

Where is the best place to buy the accelerator bagger?
  10. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't buy it I will YukonG. Was it over at Links in Mustang? Are you sure it wasn't a 15 Kaw? If you want I'll test it for you to make sure it works good.