Exmark Metro 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenAcresLC, Dec 16, 2007.

1. GreenAcresLC

GreenAcresLC LawnSite Member
    from KY

I have been searching on ebay for a decent used mower to start out with. There is a 2001 Exmark metro 36" on there with a Buy it now of 1300.00. It has Jungle Wheels and Bagger with it. My question is, is this a good mower to start with/is it a good deal at 1300? I haven't priced a metro 36 new, so I have no idea of how this compares. Thought of going cheap and buying a new Cadet 33", but just kinda nervous of the reliability of a cheaper model, and curious if a sulky of any kind would fit a 33 cadet. A lot of questions here, thanks for any info.
  2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Of the two options you've mentioned, go with the Exmark, the cub isn't commercial grade.
  3. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

New metro is like $2500....so with jungle wheels and a catcher thats like 3,000 or so for 13000......not bad.
  4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i think that was the last year the metro sold for 1999+tax. to buy a new 36" would probably be about 2400 now, plus around $150 for the mulch kit, then the bagger, and a sulkie... i know tim that is selling that mower and he won't sell anything that is junk or needs work. it's a good deal. i have one just like it and can say it's a good starter mower and the kohler 15 is a good motor.