Exmark Metro 48"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by triadncman, Apr 14, 2004.

1. triadncman

triadncman LawnSite Member

Found one yesterday at local dealer for $2550. Is this an ok deal or could i dig up a better deal with more leg work. Im still kinda stressing over the whole Fixed deck vs. floating deck thing, but im trying really hard to make a case for the fixed deck and save that $1000. I have some bumps and dips on my properties but talking to people who use fixed decks around here they just say sometimes you need to improvise and use your head.......centering the mowing deck over a bump is not gonna have good results......a little worried about spending the money on a new machine and then never wanting to use it because of the scalping......most dealers tell me theres alot more fixed decks out there than floating.......any comments on this topic would be much appreciated.

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Had to go back and read the Fixed vs. Floating thread. Good luck with the fixed deck.

3. triadncman

yeah, i may have to re consider, by the way is $3500 a good price on the Metro 48 HP??

4. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Right about what I paid, but mine's a 17hp. (figure all the new one's are 15hp)

5. triadncman

your right its a 15hp kaw, yeah that 3500 is the best i could find around town, most dealers were asking 3700