exmark metro and gravely 36g prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AWILLIAMS64, Jun 7, 2011.

1. AWILLIAMS64

AWILLIAMS64 LawnSite Member

I was looking for a used 36" belt drive but after several attempts to look and getting sold before i get there i have turned my intentions to maybe getting a new one with a warranty. I mow less than 10 yards per week and most of them gated so i need a max of 36" walk behind. I want belt drive to keep the cost down. So far i have gotten prices on exmark metro 2010 model for $2999 and gravely 36g new model for $2999 both with financing available. Both of these dealers are close and are service dealers. Anyone have opinions on either mower why one would be better than the other?

2. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark!!!!

3. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

I love the cut of my Viking(same mower/deck as the metro, but with hydro) but I would realy consider the Gravel because of the much easier to adjust deck. Adding spacers and unbolting the wheels gets old fast, were the gravely the deck can raise and lower. No idea on their cut though.

4. AWILLIAMS64

also just looked at a toro tbar design, its a 3 year old model that still is basically new. It was used 2 times so it is now a used mower but with no warranty. dealer wants $2880 plus tax for it. I did possibly find 2010 metro with 15hp kawa for $2800 plus tax that is new. Just have to see if any more are available. same dealer told me $3050 for 2011 metro with 16 kawa

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I had the exact same price quotes as you for those 2 mowers. Also was quoted $3300 for the bobcat classic and $3300 for a scag.

Went with.................................

[​IMG]

Just a beefier better built machine and easy to adjust the cutting height.

6. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

Gravely! I like the looks of it, and the easily adjustable cutting height. I was thinking about purchasing the 32" deck to get through all gates. I've got a price quote of $2,799.00 on a 2011.

It's a bit heavier at 500lbs, than some of the other 32" WB's. Still haven't made up my mind on it yet.

7. AWILLIAMS64

WHat made you go with that instead of the xmark
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

Maybe the easy change of cut height and a cheaper price.

9. AWILLIAMS64

I see the easy height adjustment. I can get both for same price so its just up to which one I choose. Now if I can get the last year exmark for 2800 I will probably go with it. I hate decisions like this.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

The exmark just plain looked cheap. The gravely also has 2 grease fittings on each spindle (one on top and one on bottom, one for each bearing), castors, idler pulley bracket, wheel bearings and the splines on the transmission. Couple that with the easy height adjustment, electric clutch, flat free front tires and digital hour meter it was a no brainer for me. We have run Gravely for many years and they have all been great mowers that lasted a long time.

[​IMG]