1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Metro engine problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by AAXteriors, May 22, 2008.

1. AAXteriors

AAXteriors LawnSite Member

Hey, My 36'' Metro with the 13 or 13.5h hp engine stop working. It was working fine until the other day when i started it. It started up no problem (first pull as usual) but i forgot to open the fuel shutoff valve. I've done this many times before with no problem. I just turn the valve back on and it works fine. But this time it will only start up for literally 1 second then die and then wont start again until i let it sit but it will only start for one second again. I've tried to bleed the gas line all the way to the carb and made sure that there was no air in the gas line but it still wont start. When i i spray starting fluid into the intake it will run but dies out as soon as the fluid is gone. Any help would be very much appreciated. Oh and the mower is only 2 years old with very low hours.

2. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

ther is a screw on the carb bowl open it and drain the carb. hope this helps
  3. AAXteriors

AAXteriors LawnSite Member

I did that among other things and know i got it running but it will only run on full choke. If i turn the choke off it runs real rough. Could this be something like a dirty jet in the carb?