1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Metro HP ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Jun 9, 2000.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone out there running this machine? If so what size engine would you suggest? Looking at the 48" deck. Are you running their mulching kit? Any input will be much appreciated. Getting ready to buy. My 21" Toro Commerical took a $hit yesterday. Guess now may be the time to upsize? Thanks Again. Mowman
  2. I have a 44&quot; Toro with a toro bagging kit I would like to sell in PA for $1200 in<br>great turn key condition.
  3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowman,<br>I bought a Metro Hp this spring. No complaints. Mine has 16 horse Briggs Vanguard, hasnt bogged down yet. I side discharge but plan to mulch this Fall.
  4. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

I have an 48&quot; eXmark metro hp with a 15hp kohler and the micro mulch plates. I'm just not a kaw engine fan. It works excellent, stripes awesome.
  5. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I have the 36 12.5 Kaw with the mulch kit, belt drive. Good machine except for the belt on one side comes off when pulling machine backwards alot. Getting to ready to make the last payment! Just had to put a block gasket on it too. Also have the 48 Viking Hydro w/15 Kohler , thats a sweet machine no problems at all.
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 2000 Exmark 36&quot; Metro. I love this machine. I replaced a 1990 Woods 36&quot; hydro with it and it really is saving me a lot of time. The only problems I am having with it are the 12.5 Kawasaki, they have replaced the base (block) gasket twice and the oil filter adapter continues to leak oil.
  7. GrassRoots Lawn Care

GrassRoots Lawn Care Guest

Glad I read this post. I was planning on buying a 36&quot; WB this week and was leaning towards the Metro but this make 4 reports of block gasket problems I've heard of (2 online and 2 local). Think I'll have to reconsider the eXmark. Maybe a Gravely? <p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida
  8. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Last time I checked neither Exmark nor Gravely made their own engines.<p>If you're into buying an base price mower, it's tough to beat the Toro 48&quot; fixed deck 14HP Kaw for 1900.00
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Grassroots Lawn Care wrote:<p>{Think I'll have to reconsider the eXmark. Maybe a Gravely?}<p>Anyone that would buy a Gravely over an Exmark hasn't done their homework. The Gravely comes with the same 12.5 Kawasaki engine that the Exmark comes with. That is where the similarities end though. The Exmark is just plainly a better machine than the Gravely is. My buddy has a 36&quot; Gravely and I let him try out my new 36&quot; Exmark. He said he liked the Exmark better.
  10. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

well its not like i love gravely particularly but i must say that 36 is a great machine. my gravely 36 is over five years old and i have not spent a nickel on it for repairs since ive had it! thats about the only gravely mower id buy again. i had a gravely rider i just sold and i hated it... cut like crap and always something breaking... its funny how a company can make to diffeent mowers with such diffrent level of quality. i think the gravely 36 with a 14hp kawisaki are 2000 now... for that price you should grab one.