1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Metro need advice please

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by toddtt, Feb 24, 2005.

1. toddtt

toddtt LawnSite Member

I went to a real reputable dealer here yesterday and did a demo on a 36" Metro belt drive with 15hp Kohler fixed deck. He will sell it for $2,450.00, another $160.00 for the mulch package. I only do 15 lawns aweek and going to get a few more. Is this a decent price or should I be looking at another brand? Any input on the exmark?
  2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I bought an exmark metro HP With the floating deck and Ecs. I payed 3800 for mine.. its a great mower.. Cuts great and real powerfull. - Peter
  3. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

If its brand new that is a good price. You might be able to get it lower if you really haggle with him.
  4. hartmas

hartmas LawnSite Member

I paid 2200 for my 36 metro 12.5 hp Kawasaki.
  5. toddtt

toddtt LawnSite Member

The dealer said it was their open house special until March 19th. It is brand new with the ecs system, but not a floating deck. I tried haggling with him and I could only get him to take about $50.00 off for paying cash, so he didn't have to pay the 2% to the credit card company. I can't afford anymore than this amount and I just needed advise while I am trying to grow my company. I just have 3 22 inch mowers now. Toro and a craftsman, and I want something that will grow and last with me. Thanks for the quick responses. Great site.
  6. Scottish LScape

Scottish LScape LawnSite Member

It's a great mower, not a bad price. Does it have ecs handles? See if you can get a set a blades for free. Good luck!
  7. toddtt

toddtt LawnSite Member

Yes it has ecs handles, but he does also have another exmark metro, 3 years old with pistol grip handles, he took it in on a trade of a new exmark, he wants $1400.00 cash for it.
  8. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Well there is nothing wrong with the pistol grips BUT I assure you that if you get the ECS you will love it. I demoed both before I bought and the ECS is such a drastic improvment.

I have this same mower and it is a tough machine. I think that after one season of use I can comfortably say that it will be around for awhile.
  9. MJhnson Lawn

MJhnson Lawn LawnSite Member

I just bought a 2001 36" Scag Belt Drive, Kawasaki 13 Hp for
    1500$ it runs good, and its in good overall condition. The Scag 36"
    seems like a real durable mower. I cut some rough terrain today
    with it and it ate it up!!! Go SCAG!!! Sometimes you can get lucky
    buying used equipment.