exmark metro options

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shm, Aug 18, 2003.

1. shm

shm LawnSite Member

exmark metro options
    all Kawa engines ( as suggested by the dealer)
    the dealer also suggested sticking with the pistol grip instead of the ecs system....saying that it will be easier to manuever since it is a gear driven mower and not a hydro...any other opinions on that?

these are the prices i was quoted
    32inch $2200
    36 $2500
    48 $2700

the ecs would add $100

he also suggested not getting the mulch kit and just using the side discharge...i didn't want to spend more than 2200...but that 48 inch is very tempting.....

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

My dealer has the 36" for $1999.00, mulch kit was $115.00 and WELL worth it. I'd shop around.

~Nest

3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Not fimiliar with the prices up there. Think I would be looking for a new dealer.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

2500.00 for a pistol grip 36 " metro is a little high.

5. shm

shm LawnSite Member

I know these are dealer questions but I'd like to get some opinions here
    How easy is it to change the height adjustment on the metro?

How well does it stripe on its own?...or can you put a striping kit on it?

thanks for the feedback in advance

6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

1999 is a good deal, that used to be the national sale price, it's now the price for a 32" instead. some dealers still have a few at that price but they are going fast. get the micro mulch kit...

as far as the height adjustment, you just pull a pin and change the number of spacers. striping might be iffy, i see you are up north so i am guessing you cut mostly fescue? i know it stripes it pretty well, not as good as a roller or chains would, but i know of no add on roller for striping on a WB.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

What Mike says is true, but something I rarely see posted here...
    Sure it's easy to change the height, but it's a pain in the butt when your fingers get all black grease all over them.
    We like the floating much better. Matt constantly complains about changing the height on the 36, and we change heights often during the day. :(

8. shm

shm LawnSite Member

i was quoted those prices by two diff dealers...prices seem to be higher up north than what most people have been telling me the price should be for an exmark...i went from spending 2k- 2200 to 2800...now i'm wondering if the exmark at that price is the best match for me

i do cut mostly fescue
    thanks for the feedback

9. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Shm – The ezchute company makes a striping roller for exmark walkbehinds.

10. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Jody,

i keep a pair of leather work gloves in the tool box just to change spacers. That way my hands dont get greasy like matt's. :cool:

SHM,

the 48" metro will lay a nice stripe, and cut fescuce very well. I have one thats 3 years old and still does great. Pay what you must to have a long term money making powerhouse.