Exmark Metro Spindle Help!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scagboy715, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Scagboy715

Scagboy715 LawnSite Member

So I have an '05 exmark metro 36 with the kawasaki. it was running great and the belt blade was broken so i replaced it with a new exmark one and it still worked...took the blades off to sharpen them, put them back on and mulched leaves. I noticed the belt was smoking a bit so i stopped. When i dissengage the blade, the left spindle makes a grinding sound and comes to a stop almost immediately, while the right one keeps spinning and burns the belt. This is the first exmark i have owned and i do not know much about it so i am looking for some help here...(dealer was clueless) :hammerhead:
    Thanks, Will

2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Just replace the bearings. Not hard to do. Get them online j Thomas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Scagboy715

Scagboy715 LawnSite Member

Im gonna sound like an idiot but i thought exmarks had sealed spindles, meanin ghe whole thing had to be replaced?

4. lawns Etc

If its an 05 you should be able to replace the bearings. Even if its the whole thing its like a 30 minute job and like $60-75 for the whole spindle assembly. Its not a big deal if you have some mechanical ability.

5. J-Thomas

J-Thomas LawnSite Member

Thanks for the recommendation.

And we should definitely have what the OP needs. We just launched schematics on our website, so you can even look up your specific mower to find the exact part you need.

If you PM me your information I can have a rep call you and help you out.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If you need assistance then J Thomas is your best bet. If you know what the bearing number is www.vxb.com has killer prices on bearings. I get mine there.

7. lawns Etc

I'm totally confused on their new site though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If you're talking about the VXB site (you didn't say which site, VXB or J Thomas) then just input your bearing number into the search box. You have to know what you're looking for on the VXB site. There are no applications guides. You can also search for bearings by size.

9. lawns Etc

No I'm talking about J thomas site its confusing now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Man don't waste your time putting new bearings in, look on Ebay and you can probably get the whole assembly for 50 to 60 dollars...