Exmark Metro / Viking pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by john_incircuit, Nov 5, 2005.

1. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Still deciding between a ZTR and a WB. Really feel now that even a small ZTR is just too large for most of our ¼ acre lots, so a 36 or 48 inch WB is probably the better, more yard friendly product.

On Exmark, I’m not clear what the difference is between the Viking and the Metro product line. The decks are the same, they both have similar engine choices, the Viking has larger tires. Are there any other, significant differences?

Also, does anyone have recent pricing information (36/48 Metro , Metro HP, Viking?

Thanks!! -- John

2. JTW

JTW LawnSite Member

The Viking is a hydro drive and the metro is gear drive. I think our 48" Viking is the best machine we have (lazer, warriors, metros, etc). The thing is rock solid and cuts great. Hook up a sulky and you can haul a$$ and maneuver around anything.

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Click on the Exmark box at the top of the page, click on the professional product line. An option is on the left side to compare products - Metro and Viking products are in the list.

4. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 36 Metro and 36 Viking. The Viking being hydraulic is much faster and user friendly. The Metro was 2300 four years ago and the Viking was 4400 this year. I now find myself leaving the 48 belt along with the metro at the shop and just taking the viking. I am done faster and less fatigued at the end of the day. If you can afford it start out with hydro and skip the belts.

5. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I sold my 36" Metro this summer, best decision ever, running that thing for almost 3 years and sold it after making good money and setting up this biz.
    So long belt walk, never again in this life. The hydro is the best, super easy to take care, loving changing hydro filter every year...