1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

eXmark metro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chuck Sinclair, Jul 2, 2001.

1. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you guys for all your help, i ended up with a 32" eXmark metro Fixed deck 11hp Briggs engine instead of a toro. I kept hearing eXmark is the best and of course the dealer said so too i had to go with the 32" due to price $2554.00 out the door.
  2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey great for you. Please let me know how you like it, size wise and performance as I too have considered the very same options. Here in Tennessee we have many elderly with smaller gates, no drive through's and I thought 32" would be perfect, but also leaning toward 36". Also let me know what you think about the fixed deck too. Thanks for any info, now go make the money to pay for the new mower!:cool:
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I've only had 2 gates that the 36" would not go thru. Easy way to handle them is not to do them. :D
  4. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Is your metro a hp or gear? Also fixed or floating? How do you like it? Do you walk or use a sulky? Just wanted to know for my knowledge and future consideration. Thanks!
  5. Congrats on a fine mower. I wish I could get one. Well I can, but I only have one lawn to justify it. I've considered it for a long time as it would save bundles of time on that one account. If I'm still in the buisiness next year I will go for it. Lets hear the good report!

Aloha, P.Y.S.
  6. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Just so you know, all metros are gear driven, both the HP and the regular.
  7. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

I am sure you will like your Metro. I have a 36" Metro HP. Got out the door at $2700. The Metro is good for what it is...my Turf Tracer beats it hands down, though.
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Mine is the Metro with fixed deck. I use a sulky some and walk some. I try to leave it on the trailer as much as possible. I would rather ride the lazer. The metro cuts great and the mulch kit makes it awesome.