exmark metro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ccstud, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ccstud

ccstud LawnSite Member

Well my boss bought a exmark metro. we put a mulching kit on it and it was fine when the grass was short and dry. now that we have rain and the grass grows way long in a week the mulcher sucks. It clumps up and leaves a mess. ( with wet long grass i didn't expect anything different) So we took it off. Now i have the bagger on. the problem with it is that it fills up every 50-100 yards or so... if i leave the bag off though the lawn clippings pile up to much. there may have been some sort side discharge chute or something when it was new but if so its long gone... (things get lost way to much). so does anyone know something good i could do so the lawn looks good and i dont have to unload every two minutes? thanks in advance
    JW

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Are we talking about the Metro 26"...if so you are going to have to change your mowing frequency so you can mulch...if not that mower will struggle.

3. ccstud

ccstud LawnSite Member

its a metro 48

4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

my friend.

With mulching, you can't let the grass get more than about an inch higher then you normally cut it or it will clog up and clump.

With bagging.....the bag fills up, especially with a 4' deck You can look for a larger bag but then it's even heavier to dump.

What most guys do is they leave a barrel at the end of the lawn and make a couple passes and dump it. Repeat. Dump the barrell.

Discharging will clump up here and there. It depends on the type of grass, how high it is, and if it's wet.

5. ccstud

ccstud LawnSite Member

What I've been doing is leaving a tarp on the lawn, dumping the grass on the tarp till it get a good amount on and then dumping the tarp. The problem with leaving the grass that short is it grows way to fast. people only want their lawn mowed once a week and it most the lawns I'm mowing at the grass grows way too fast

6. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

cut one no bag cut 2 time with bag you will empty less

7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Have you tried different blades on it? When I put gator mulchers on my mower I noticed a significant difference in clipping size. Maybe for you a different set of blades may help.