Exmark Metro's & pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

These prices seem like too much to me. What do you all think?

Metro 15 Kawi 48" ECS $2,900

Metro HP 15 Kawi 48" ECS $3,500

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes,
    You can get another brand with hydro for about the same price.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Yes, Lesco's hydro 17hp 48" fixed is/was the same price as the Metro HP. Great Dane's Scamper ain't far up from that either. Nice controls, but still fixed.

By the way, I checked out those Snappers. Real nice machines. I just didn't care for the dealer I had to visit to se them. Heck I didn't even get a price before I left. That's OK though. I have a Snapper Commercial dealer a few minutes from the house. He should have some spring stock in before long.

4. MacKenzie

MacKenzie LawnSite Member

A little on the high side...

I was quoted $2700 for the Metro 48" - could have taken it for $2600.

The Metro HP is about the same as what I was quoted - $3400. ( Both with ECS controls )

I ultimately went with the Turf Tracer 48" for $4600. I know that that's close to the price of a Rider, but I need a wb first.

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

lol Envy, Any idea yet what machine your going to buy?? You have been posting about diffrent possible mowers for quite a few months now.:D

6. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I was quoted a 3000 even on a 36" metro hp, w/ ECS. That may be about right.

7. Envy Lawn Service

LOL Evan! No, not really. But I have seriously shortened the list. Right now I'm kinda making sure I'm in the right having cut the Metro's...

;)

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I think you should publish a consumer reports book on machines . You have researched and demoed more machines then anyone in this business I think! I will come to you for advice when im ready for my next mower!!!!!!:laugh:

9. Envy Lawn Service

Evan,

I could do that...or I could walk into any dealership for a winter job and need absolutely no product training at all. :dizzy:

When I first started shopping I really got overwhelmed and stressed out given my pitiful knowledge of "commercial" mowers. All I can say is I have learned alot. From literature, demos and most of all Lawnsite! I don't know what I would have done without you guys on here.