Exmark mower blades? Which Gator blades

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by CutApproved, May 4, 2008.

1. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I keep seeing adds and guys talking about the Magnum Gator blades and now the Fusion blades. 1) Are the worth it?

2) Which one and where do I get the best deal? Its weird because I've search using the part number from my manual but sometimes the blade thickness is .250 or .203 I would imagine the thicker the better right???
    So anyway.. I have a 52" Lazer HP, 23hp Kaw,, really nice machine.. What blades and how much should I expect to pay. I've paid $7 & $8 for other blades but I think they are crap.

Help me out!

tks
    John

2. CutApproved

from NJ

HELLO,,, sorry to be a p.i.t.a. but doesn't anyone have an opinion? Am I asking in the wrong forum?

3. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

go to expressmowerparts.com that is where i buy pretty much all of my blades. the thickness isnt always better for you cause you arent in a real sandy area..

4. CutApproved

from NJ

I guess I'm still learning because I didn't think that being or not being in a sandy area would matter the thickness of the blade.
    I'll check out EXPRESSMOWERPARTS.

THANKS VERY MUCH!

5. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

in a sandy area the thicker the blade the less beating it takes cause the metal is thicker