1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

EXMARK Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ken's Lawn Service, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Ken's Lawn Service

Ken's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Does anybody know if exmark ever found any of their mowers that were stolen? I have been looking out for them because I have been shopping for new equipment myself right now and looking a lot at equipment for sale on the internet.

Thanks for the info in advance.

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I not seen them.what part of Ga. do you live i'm in north Ga. next door to Chattanooga.TN

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Never heard there were any stolen!

How many and from where?

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I thought I remembered seeing in a auto swapper, that exmark had some stolen. This was mid summer I think, wonder if this is what your talking about?

5. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

Go to Exmark on the manufacturer forum and read the thread titled reward, the first thread in there. This will explain.

6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it was a semi trailer that was stolen from there factory . not to smart to leave an entire truck load of mowers sitting there . I bet it was a inside job or someone that works there gave out the info to a so called friend for ill gain .

I worked for circuit city for 3 years part time nights and not a single thing was loaded into a truck unless it was going out that day . just for this reason . they had sevral delivery trucks stolen that were loaded the night before for delivery the next day . im sure that was a inside job also :mad:

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

they got a trailer full of 27 riders stolen from their place in nebraska. They were offering a reward. i checked a few times on ebay but i didnt see anything that may be theirs.

8. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I doubt if anyone would be fool enough to put them online. But then, some people are pretty foolish...
    Crawdad

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I thought $1000 reward was kind of cheap for the amount of money in stolen machines they're talking about. You're talking probably over 200K.

If that was an inside job, they'll have to offer more than a grand to get someone to blow the whistle or fink out, i think

10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

its way over 200k in lost mowers id say. more like$500,000 or higher. i read through the list of missing lazers, and a lot were on the high end $$$.