eXmark mulcher Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, Aug 14, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you guys use these types of blades
    [​IMG]
    If so how are they?

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

If you did have them, are they difficult to sharpen? I've seen most machines are not set up to sharpen blades like that. I'm sure I could get some kind of edge on it but right at the transition point looks like it would be a pain to get an edge. I've never used them so can't comment on cut.

3. ChadsLawn

Ive never had them. I dont have an exmark either, but they will fit my mower.There the same size as what I use now.

4. ChadsLawn

bump for more to read.

5. robby

robby LawnSite Member

I've been running the mulching blades for the past month on my Exmark. I have 2 sets of them that were sent to me by mistake when I was trying to order gator blades. I'm not really too picky about the quality of cut and have noticed no difference when switching to the mulching blades. I did wait til summer to run them because I knew that dry, summer grass conditions are easy to cut as opposed to the spring growth. I will probably run them through the fall.
    As far as difficulty of sharpening, I asked my dad who sharpens my blades weekly, and he said that they were no harder for him to sharpen.

6. ChadsLawn

you should be picky about quality of cut. I try not to leave 1 strand sticking up here. If there is Ill go take care of it.

I wont ask you how the quality is, since you dont really care on your yards.

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Can't get my dad to sharpen mine but must be nice.

8. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used them in the past. They work pretty good in Floratam. Don't worry about sharpening the inner most edge, it seldom gets dull. That's the reason I don't use them anymore. I figured that if the inner most edge doesn't get dull it must not be working. Hey, sounds logical to me. I now run Fusion blades and they are sharpened 2/3's of the way up to the center hole. I love the Fusion blades because they stay sharp forever and hold up well to sandy soil.

9. ChadsLawn

so which fo the 2 are better in mulching the grass?

10. D & J Lawn Care

D & J Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I just put them on my 46 triton they work well in thick saint aug. but do not cut well in 3inch or higher bahia mine are from exmark but same shape they came with the mulch kit