1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Nav 27 hp Walker Diesel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrasMstr, May 24, 2008.

1. GrasMstr

GrasMstr LawnSite Member

I have read almost every post on Walker vs Navigator.
    I have a 48" 27 hp Nav I have been trying ouy for 2 weeks (dealer loaner, great guy). I feel very comfortable on the machine.
    I have tried out the walker 25 hp, like it, just not as much.:confused:

My question is, does anyone have any comparables for fuel economy on the Nav vs the Walker Diesel? I have 3 diesel ZTRs and use dyed diesel for cost.
    I like the Navigator alot but the Walker Diesel appeals to me financially (operating expense) and conveniece (all diesel equipment).

So far my experience is that the Navigator is a hog on fuel. Around .8 -1 gallon per hour.

2. GrasMstr

GrasMstr LawnSite Member

With all the other Navigator and Walker post activity, I thought someone would have info or opinions on this subject.
    I could use it, I need to make a decision by Tuesday.:canadaflag:

3. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a walker diesel. Got it from my dad when he past away last year. I don't use it alot but do not hardly ever put fuel in this thing. Seems like everytime I check it, it has 3/4 tank or more. The walker is a good machine and the diesel never lacks power for the 48" deck, but I have never used a Navigator. Sorry I don't have more info. Does not seem like many people out there have Diesel walkers. Don't know if that is a bad sign or they are just a rare machine combination. But I have never heard anything bad about them.

4. GrasMstr

GrasMstr LawnSite Member

Thanks GD5. I do know of one LCO about an hour from here that uses about 12 Walker Diesels. He won't use anything else. I think I'll check with him on fuel consumption.
    That is the same 21 hp engine that Kubota puts in their ZTRs with a 60" deck.
    I believe that it should have lots of power as you said.
    Sorry to hear, its a nice machine, not a nice way to get one.