1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Navigator demo, bought my last walker!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Jan 25, 2006.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob4: well my dealer says to me last week i know you run walker and exmark can out with thi machine a few years ago and i think they finally nailed it, why dont you take it out for a few days. so i said of course and im so happy i did.

the machine is very well built, thick and strong. everything seemed beefy all the way to the hydro pumps, and i always hated the hydro pump and gear drive of he walker. the deck shaft was thicker as well as the cutting deck gear boxes, and much quieter than my walkers.

the motor was a 27 hp. kohler greast power and never, and i mean never bogged for a minute and myself and a few of my guys tried to slow/bog it down. it also did a hell of a job at mashing the leaves and really packed the catcher tight. the shoot into cather was way wider and there was no clogging.

there also seemed to be a ton less grease fiting and there are only 2 belts from what i can see.

the machine is way faster than my walkers, the only draw back that i can see was that it really sucked down the fuel.

we also had a 48" deck and it sucked those nasty pear leaves right off the ground, wet and all.

i liked it so much i just placed an order for 2 of them a they should be here for april 1.

if anyone out there is thinking of trying them do it youll be pleasantly surprised. tony and gang
  2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Good to know, thanks for the review.