Exmark Navigator vs Walker comparison

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by weeze, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

It really doesn't prove much to post it, now does it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. yardguy29

yardguy29 LawnSite Member

there are 2 major things that video touched on that has me sold on a navigator vs a walker and its NOT propaganda.

the first is the viewing of the manuals showing how many maintenance points there are. navigator 13, walker 36.

the other area was the tape measure showing how much thicker the frame in the front is.

those 2 things aren't really opinions that can be debated.

3. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Well, to each his own right? Personally, I tend to focus my attention on a few more things than grease fittings and front frame thickness when comparing machines... I usually look at the engine, hydros, operating system, wiring system, deck design and quality, customer service, money, The company itself and what it stands for, and those are just a few. But like I said, to each his own right?

4. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer sells both and he took them both home and he said the walker is much better . lighter , more nimble and gives a better cut mainly because of the deck and the two vents that the walker has on the rear of the deck. i have 4 walkers and I'm sure the navigator is good, but no way in my opinion is it better.

5. yardguy29

yardguy29 LawnSite Member

yep to each his own.

I look at quality of cut, ease of operation and ease of maintenance.

6. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to ask yourself these questions:

Is the walker built better? No
    Does the walker provide the better cut? No
    Is the walker easier to maintain? No
    Does the walker collect clippings better? No
    Does the walker hold more clippings in the hopper? No
    Does the walker have a bigger blower? No
    Does the walker have better tires? No, they are the same
    Does the walker have better hydros? No
    Does the walker have a better engine? No, they are the same
    Does the walker cost less? No
    Is walker easier to work on? No

Well there you have it ladies and gentlemen. They are both good mowers but exmark took the walker and improved the design. I don't work for exmark, but I use their machines to work with day in and day out, they have made me alot of money over the years and never have a major problem and always get my money's worth out of the machine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Ditto for the walker, so there is no need for me to fix whats not broken.

8. Lawnfather

Lawnfather LawnSite Member

Hello all. I'm new to this forum but have been mowing non commercially for many years. I currently have a hustler super z 60" deck that I have been mowing with since 2011. I retired this year from Boeing and am starting a small mowing company that I will mainly subcontract to my sons business. He has 2 walkers and 2 toro stand ups. I'm looking at purchasing either a walker mt 23 hp ghs or a navi 27 hp efi. They are priced the same here. The walker dealer is a little closer to where I live than the exmark dealer. They both promise to put commercial customer first. I know the walker dealer does because of my sons business. So to test the exmark dealer I took my hustler up to have it serviced to see if they stick to there return date. They are also a hustler dealer. Plus the exmark dealer is bringing their demo unit to one of our tougher job sites Tues for a comparison test with my sons walkers. My question here is since the exmark seems to be heavier did anyone have trouble with getting stuck or ruts last year when it was so wet. Also how hard is it to change belts on either machine. The exmark looks like it could be a bear. Thanks in advance.

9. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

all you guys with your weight and your ruts.. oi vey!

the best thing about the exmark is the choice to mulch some/bag some at the same time with the same deckĀ…. something walker doesn't do. which make the mower awesome sauce.

10. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I don't get why they always compaire a small walker to the exmark.
    Apples to apples . Glad its the same price( which I find hard to start with go get a equal horse power walker and it wins hands down.
    A 25 walker is 11200.00 here with 48" ghs
    A 27 exmark is 12300.00 plus the deck cost bringing it to over14'000 .... Compair the price you can get a bigger walker and it smokes the exmark. Only my opinion
    Posted via Mobile Device