Exmark Navigator, Walker copy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sydanna Lawn Care, Mar 8, 2008.

1. sydanna Lawn Care

sydanna Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I notice that the Exmark Navigator is designed after the Walker mower, ( I assume), how does it compare to the Walker? Anyone here own a Navigator?

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

A search brought up about 1,387 threads.......

3. sydanna Lawn Care

I was just wondering if it is a good mower or just a Walker knock off.

4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

considered a Walker knock off.

Much more durable machine with better performance.

Most peoples gripe is they don't offer as many options as a Walker, however, Exmark is also busy selling other products.

Walker sells approx 5-6k units a year nationwide. Exmark sells nearly double that in Lazers alone.

There's a good link compairing the two in my signature.

Walker makes a good machine with alot of options. Exmark basically put out what Walkers best sellers are to fill the void for the people that like out-front/dedicated bagger mowers for the people who are not happy with, or don't have access to a local dealer for Walker.

5. sydanna Lawn Care

I only refered to it as a knock off due to its similarity to the Walker which seems pretty unique. I own an ExmarK TT HP walk behind & like it alot. So when I saw the Navigator I thought it was worth looking into. I do like the options for the Walker. I need to know if the Navigator allows you to change decks, do they lift up, & can you get a high dump?? Googling...

6. Green Pastures

Not trying to be a smart alec......

If you're really serious about buying one or the other go to local dealers who sell them and arrange a side by side demo of both brands.

You actually mow with them both on one of the properties you service. Then you will know which one is better for you.

Asking here is like asking what's better Ford, Chevy or Dodge.....

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

If you don't like the topic don't read it. He is in Cananda, kind of hard for him to demo before his season starts.:hammerhead: Sure he can do a search but with all the new members someone is bound to have more insight. The Navigator is only a few years old and more people use them now.

8. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure about BC, but my dealers here in Ontario, don't bring them in, and said they will never, so not sure if it's a Canuck thing, or what :confused:

9. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

They are an improvement in every way over a walker ghs, but that is all you get. You dont get all the outfront attachments and last i knew no high dump. However they are faster, ride smoother, cut better, dont scalp as bad on rough terrain, easier to work on, not near as many damn grease zerts, and a little heavier built. They also seem to work better in wet grass in my experience.

Josh

10. Green Pastures

If you dont like my posts, don't read them.