eXmark Navigator??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vanguard, Nov 8, 2005.

1. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

Anyone using a Navigator? my eXmark dealer has had one in the showroom for months with no takers yet, and I'm wondering if anyone has taken the chance (a $10,500 chance) on this model ?? The dealer thinks it's better built then the walker and I think they might be right by looking at it, side by side, but would like some "real world" & "Field tested" opinions.

2. Reliable1

Reliable1 LawnSite Member

I had the luxury of using one here in Va Beach when it drizzled for 4-5 days. It performed superbly. It never clogged in the wet grass, beautiful cut. Used it again a couple weeks later in medium leaf conditions and normal grass cut and again, super results. Looked like someone took a large vacuum and removed all debris out of the path. Plenty of power (27/48) and never once lugged/strained under the speed and mowing conditions. I am sold on the machine. The dealer wanted to get raw and unbiased data and I gave it to him. My .02 for what it is worth. :D

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Why take a $10,000 "chance", when you can buy a Walker with no risk. I don't know about you, but I can not afford to purchase an unproven machine on the hope that it might be ok. THe Walker is a proven machine, the Navigator is not. Remember, Exmark already has produced one failure in that type of mower. I would be surprised if they have sold even 50 or 75 of those mowers so far, nationwide. Has anyone ever seen one in day to day use?

4. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

Hey mowingman, I know, "go with the home team" and all, but Walker has had mixed reviews when it comes to Blade tip speed & Blower size... Being here in Colorado almost every trailer has at least one on it, so I know there track record. eXmark makes some great stuff. Will this be the next great mower from them....or another Metro :dizzy: 26" I'm just looking for some feedback from cutters that have been using this mower and not trying to start another Walker vs anything else debate!

Thanks

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I understand where you are coming from. It is always good to be looking for the machine that will give you a "leg up" on the competition. Hope you get some response, but this same question came up just month or so back, and no replys from actual purchasers came back. I just don't think they are selling.
    I think Walker has addressed the speed issue in some new models this year. I had a Walker for 6 years, and never found the blower to be a problem. Usually, blower problems arise when the impeller get worn down and in need of replacement.

6. palm boy

palm boy LawnSite Member

is the Navigator the one that will soon be available w/ the diesel Kubota? Thanks in advance for any info here.