Exmark Navigator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SWD, Mar 19, 2006.

1. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Who on this forum is currently running a Navigator?
    I have ordered a 27 hr Kohler powered 48" deck and am interested in some lessons learned - hopefully I will be able to avoid.
    Dependent upon the performance of the machine, I will be ordering at least one more this season.
    And yes, I checked into the Walker mower, however, this necessitates a change of dealership. I didn't want to do this due to the unconditional, outstanding support I receive from the dealer - I simply do not have the time to re-establish a similar relationship with a different dealership.
  2. MikeW4

MikeW4 LawnSite Member

I run the Navigator and think its a great machine . I demoed the machine last Sept. and it cut great even when wet and decided to buy it . The only complaint is that the alarm that rings when full is broken . Apparently this is a problem that is known to company and is being worked on .

One other suggestion is to make sure you get extra shear pins for the blades .

Good Luck I don't think you will be disappointed .:drinkup: :drinkup:
  3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I have a toro 355 witch is just like the eXmark and have the same two problems:cry:
  4. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

well, damn, I know you need dealer relationships, but until exmark builds all the deck designs walker does, and all the other "stuff" that you can put on and off of a Walker, I would reconsider. I have close to 3000 hours on my Walker and run a 52 side discharge, and can put on a 48 bagger anytime I want to, not to mention a perfaerator if I want to pay for it, broom, on and on.
  5. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

First of all, thank you gentlemen, for the replies. They are noted and appreciated.

David, regarding my decision to purchase a Navigator rather than a Walker - the company I own is entering the start of an eight month, extreme mowing, cycle.
    What this means is my crews are mowing up wards of seventy five acres per week, every week, for eight months.
    The travel areas are not unique to central Texas, however, the area I service is over sixty miles in width and 30 miles north to south.
    Would you sacrifice known dealer support that when a machine requires a level of maintenance I do not have the time to address, the dealer will? Additionally, my machines go to the front of the line for immediate attention, even if it means pulling another LCO's machine off of the rack. I know my dealer does this, I have seen him do as well as his employees.
    I quite simply do not feel the Walker dealer offers that level of service, and from speaking with his customers, it has been confirmed.
    I currently have thirteen commercial mowers, they are coming to the end of their useful life for my business. Hence it is time to up-grade, hence the Navigator.
    Should the Navigator operate in the manner I reasonably expect it to, I will purchase at least one more this year, then two more in '07.
    I presented this info to both dealers and there was absolutely no comparison to the level of support pledged, promised and delivered.
    I refuse to sacrifice over $250K/yr of mowing to a dealer who will not assure a level of service and support I demand!
  6. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Understand that! I am just saying it is way cool to have access to all the goodies Walker offers, but you gotta do what you gotta do, every man's circumstances are different. Hope all goes great with your new Nav!
  7. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you guys like these's machines? They look pretty nice.
  8. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

I'd personnaly get a Lazer Z. There faster and more productive.
  9. Doctor21

Doctor21 LawnSite Member

I finally took the plunge and bought a 27 hp 48 inch Navigator today. I service mostly residentials and thoroughly researched the Nav vs. Walker and with the dealer support and customer service I chose the Nav. My dealer allowed me to use this mower extensively last fall and it performed superbly in both wet and tall grass and never choked a bit.
  10. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

on some lawns speed is second to quality:weightlifter: