Exmark navigator??

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Grasshopper101, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Grasshopper101

Grasshopper101 LawnSite Member

I'm new to the forum and curious about these mowers. Should I get a walker or ex-mark navigator?

2. skip1718

skip1718 LawnSite Member

walker by far

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Demo them:)

4. Grasshopper101

I have used a walker for about 9 years but the dealer near me stopped selling walkers and they now sell ex-mark navigators. I am looking to start my own business soon and just shopping around for a mower. I like walkers but according to the dealer, ex-mark navigators are "better built and faster" but then again I think he is just trying to be a salesman! I am leaning more toward walker!

5. skip1718

skip1718 LawnSite Member

you don't buy the walker or navigator for how fast they cut, but how good they cut. yes the exmark is .5 mph faster but i think the walker has the best cut. but like other said ask the dealership to demo. a big factor is service. how close is your dealer to you?

6. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Best advice is to demo them both on the same day on the same property.

You will get 10 different OPINIONS here, most of which will serve only to bring up more questions rather than answers.

7. Grasshopper101

The dealer that sells ex-marks is only 25 miles away or so but you are right, walkers leave a nice clean cut. I will just have to find a walker dealer in my area. Thanks everyone for your replies.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You should demo the Navagator.See how it bags.

9. Cutting Edge Lawn Mowing

Cutting Edge Lawn Mowing LawnSite Member

Walker and Exmark are both good mowers.One thing to keep in mind though is the exmark is belt driven just like most other zero turns are.Walker mowers are gear box driven.They both do a good job mowing,but if you accidently hit something with the blades on the Walker it can break the teeth off the gears in the gear boxes and it gets very spendy to repair.

10. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

My Walker has two sets of shear pins to get through before any damage can be done to the gear box.

I have never got past the first set.