ExMark Navigator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheChiefsLawnCare, Jun 25, 2008.

1. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody tried it????? Looks like a knock off from the walker.

2. TheChiefsLawnCare

hello anyone?

3. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

Do a search for "navigator" in the search option and you will come across a big thread that compares navigator with walker. I personally am going to look at navigator if I stay in the business long enough when it comes time to replace my walker. Navigator needs to have a few more options like diesel motor and more aggressive tires too. Hope this helps!

4. TheChiefsLawnCare

OOO ok, yeah i jus came across it last night and tought it was a take off the walker.

5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Walker originated the "design" it has often been copied, the scag turf runner, the bobcat had one as well, both have been discontinued as they really didnt compete with the sales of the walker (Bobcat MIGHT still make theirs, but i checked with a dealer once and they said they couldnt get it)
    However the exmark navigator is an IMPROVEMENT on the walker 1000 times.
    Everything that made the walker a pian in the neck to maintain, exmakr has addressed.
    The navigator has a bigger fuel tankand bigger grass hopper. Its gas tank also swivels out of the way so you can reach the engine, pulleys belts and balde clutch. So from a service/maintenance stand point. Much better than the walker.

That being said, if you are into walker ATTACHMENTS (brooms, aerators, plows, snow blowers etc) walker is still the way to go (but give exmark time) but if you are just going to mow? Buy a navigator hands down. They are even faster and less choppy to drive than they walker (for novices, if you are an old hand at walker, you will only notice the controls of the navigator fatigue you less)

6. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree.....it is a great machine. I have a walker and have run the navigator when my walker is down. (SO I HAVE RUN IT ALOT :) Love it, but I use my walker in the winter, thats the only negative, no attachments YET

7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I demoed one of the bob-cat versions and hated it! I usually run my 52" bob-cat (which mows great) then for two days I ran that bob-cat version of the walker with a 48" deck and all my lawns took twice as long. I was doing one lawn that usually took 30min. and it took me 60min. The customer actually came out to see if everything was okay because usually I am gone in 25-30min. That was absolutely the worst mower I have ever used. I can't speak for the Exmark but if it is anything like the other exmark mowers it has to be great.

8. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

hard to compare a ZTR with a navigator. I agree, the walker or navigator can't hold a candle to my lasers, but they do have there good sides, smaller areas, LEAVES,etc.

9. DAR57

DAR57 LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

I bought one this spring. 48" 20 HP Kohler. PERFECT match of engine to deck size. Have some seat time on Walkers but overall the Navigator wins easily. More attachments would be appreciated!!! The snow blower is at the dealers right now just haven't picked it up. Will be buying another one in the future. TAKE THESE COMMENTS HOW YOU WANT BUT MUST TELL YOU I AM A HUSTLER MAN ALL THE WAY!!!!! There is no perfect mower for every situation but for the condo's/bagging I do the Navigator is the right mower for the job.

10. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Don't hold your breath on additional attachments.
    I have spent many hours on the phone with the ExMark product development people at the factory and all say the same thing. Other than the snow thrower and blade attachment nothing else is forth coming.
    Has really angered me as I bought the first Navigator in central Texas with the implicit understanding a side discharge deck was going to be available soon.
    Well, almost three years later it hasn't and from my discussions, never will be available.