1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Navigator????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bakerboy, Sep 18, 2009.

1. bakerboy

bakerboy LawnSite Member

Does anyone own one of these? Just started looking at them and wanted to know what everyone else thought about them. I am also curious about what you paid for one. I know it depends on what area, but roughly how much did you pay for it. We have both a Walker and Exmark dealer in my location. I have heard that exmarks are a lot cheaper, just wondering how much cheaper, and what is the big difference of the two?

This is my first post. I have been looking around of the website for a couple of weeks and find it a very informative site, so keep up the good work and thanks for the information in advance.

2. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Do a search - this subject has many posts.

3. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a 42" 20 hp Navigator, paid $8500 four years ago. Looking a a new one and are around $10,500 to expensive. It works great no problems at all. Had a walker before the Exmark and it was the worse mower I ever owned. If I made $500 it would cost $600 to keep running with 200+ hours on it. I must have just had a dud but won't buy another.

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Are you serious? THat would be like work to those who feel doing some actual research is a waste of time. They would rather just ask a perfect stranger how much money they spent then to type in a freakin name in google. :hammerhead:

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The Exmark's are cheaper because they are not selling well at all. So, big discounts on them. Walker is a much better value for the dollar. Lots more decks and attachments to pick from. I had two Walkers for many years. Beautiful cut and troublefree for as long as I owned them. Each had nearly 2000hrs on them when I sold them, along with my business.
    If you want a Walker-quality cut and Walker versatility, buy a Walker.

6. Kutz Lawns

Kutz Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Don't give the guy a hard time, it's his first post!

I would go with fuel injected Walker GHS myself and have no experience with the Exmark.

Do a search and you'll find lots of great info on both machines here & it should keep you busy for awhile!

7. ALC-GregH

from PA

it's his first post but he's been looking around for weeks. When I started my business, I didn't ask any questions, I read thousands of threads, used the web to research any info I was looking for and read a few thousand more threads. I still haven't had to ask any questions pertaining to lawncare. To say, "Exmark Navigator, does anyone own one, then, how much did it cost?" tells me he is lazy. He also mentioned there is a dealer near by. Why doesn't he go to the source and ask the dealer what the price is, he'll be getting it straight from the horses mouth, not someone a 1000 miles away. That's the problem with todays society, they all want it handed to them.

8. Kutz Lawns

Kutz Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto, I did the exact same thing!

9. ALC-GregH

from PA

Mind you, I'm not a kid, I'm 47 years old (and feel it) but if they only took the initiative to find and learn about what they want rather then just ask someone to do it for them, it would be a few thousand less threads.

10. grassaholic

grassaholic LawnSite Senior Member

Cut the guy some slack. Maybe he isn't very familiar with how to use a forum. Why do you have to post in the thread anyway? If you don't like his question then skip the thread and move on. Maybe he wants to know what others have paid for their Navigator as a comparison to what his local dealer quoted. I'm sure I could go down the list of posts on this forum and type"do a search" for just about every question asked on here. Instead I just ignore those posts. Maybe instead of being rude and putting this guy down for asking a question, you could just skip posting in this thread all together. I'm sure you already know that though, since you are soooo internet forum savy and know everything about lawnmowers from doing searches.