exmark OCDC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffex, Oct 16, 2008.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone have the foot operated exmark OCDC for their lazer? leaf season is upon us and I have an OCDC on my walkbehind but am considering one for my lazer. Picture in my brochure is hard to see design. How much? is it a good design?

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have 2 of them..... the ones I got are ezchute I wouldn't mow with out them

3. jeffex

I have the ezchute on my w/b s as well, however I was wondering if anyone has the exmark brand OCDC . not just one on an exmark. appreciate the reply though

4. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Unless it has been redesigned since it first came out, the Exmark version opens straight out. The plate won't fold back on top of the deck. It was designed to work inside of the factory safety chute, so wide open means the plate sticks straight out.

5. jeffex

thanks for the info. i found on another forum where the cost was $349 and a close up photo shows a foot operated pedal for opening and closing. I can see where the positions are closed and straight out and those are bad options IMO. Open and back out of the way and closed are the choice with the exchute on my w/bs. I like the foot pedal operation idea though. I may take my w/b OCDC and retro fit it to the lazer. The only problem I had with the ezchute is the metal fatigue at the bends where it mounts to the OEM deflector holes. After some use both broke and had to be welded. To the credit of ezchute they sent me a replacement for one of them upon my explanation of the problem. I don't want some rigged up junk on my brand new lazer though.

6. Power Chute Design

Power Chute Design LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to visit my website. The Exmark model of the Power Chute is the number one seller. Unlike the others you mentioned the Power Chute stops anywhere from fully closed to fully open and can be stopped any where in between. And (unlike the Exmark model you mentioned) the Power Chute opens completely sticking straight up in the air so you can clear narrow passageways.

It's also operated with a foot controller, BUT mine is fully electric powered and guarunteed. Power Chutes are the only OCDC's built specifically to fit your Exmark so it bolts right on with no spacers or extra washers like generically built black units. And Power Chutes are the only ones that come colored matched!

Remember, it's custom built to fit just your Exmark, color matched, fully powered with a foot pedal AND $70.00 less than the manually controlled Exmark unit!

We make brand specific models for 10 different Brands of commercial grade ZTR mowers.

Thanks...Norm

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Jeffex,

Get that PCD model. It's a great unit.

8. Power Chute Design

Power Chute Design LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, Thanks !

9. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

with the EZ chute on the lazer you can still use an accelerator grass catcher when you want. the ez chute open is out of the way.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Grass catcher.....what are they??? Ha ha.