1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

exmark offering e z striper?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenisgold, Feb 8, 2002.

1. greenisgold

greenisgold LawnSite Member

got some new promo stuff in the mail today from exmark and they now offer an e z striper kit for larger size lazers. any of you guys have one and how does it work? how much? also showing a new excaliber blade, anybody try those yet? thanks in advance for the help.
  2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

The Exmark website has some AWESOME pics of stripes that were credited to their new roller. Go the the 'accessories' page on their website and check it out. (Look out D.C.!)

I'm calling my dealer on Monday to ask about the price of the roller package. York Sheetmetal (www.yorksheet.com) also offers a neat roller (or at least they used too...I could not find it on their website at present) for the Lazer. They also offer a neat OCDC unit for the Laser (called "The Director") for $175...I really want to get one of those this spring. It has a handle that opens and closes a flap on the discharge opening...like a Dixie Chopper. That would be awesome for keeping clippings off of driveways and out of flowerbeds.

I don't know anything about the Excalibur blades or the difference between them and 'conventional' blades...I'll see what the dealers has to say about them too.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I have both the Ez-Striper and the Director. I was the first "Paying" customer of both. Couldn't live without either. Both excellent products.

As far as I know, York Sheet Metal is the supplier/manufacturer of "Exmarks" latest offering. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. They are EXACTLY the same, so if their not, they must have bought Yorks' copyright. It acts like one giant antiscalp roller, plus, as a side benefit, it lays some pretty nice stripes! Its heavy gauge (10?) Stainless steel tubing with quality Fafnir greasable bearings. Also helps with up close trimming, as the rear antiscalp rollers are removed.
  4. LexingtonKYcutter

LexingtonKYcutter LawnSite Member

The cost of the EZ stripper kit is @$300 and from what Ive heard has been doing an awesome job!!!! The new excalaber blades is Exmarks answer to tough rye grass. Many compliants on their regular blades not work so the new excaliburs seem to do the job!

Good Luck!