1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark on Craigslist...help?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by djflats, Jun 18, 2009.

1. djflats

djflats LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know anything about this Exmark model? TriVantage Cutting Deck? I haven't contacted the guy, just looking now. Thanks.

2. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Not enough information on your post. What Exmark? Trivantage decks seem to have pretty good reviews here on LS.

3. djflats

4. djflats

I just found out it's a 2003-2004, 800 hours.

5. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster LawnSite Senior Member

it looks like a scam to me thats really cheap

6. djflats

I called the guy and he lives about 45 minutes from me. He said it's a '03-'04 and has around 800 hours on it. I didn't know what one would be worth. I was just checking mowers out on Craigslist. He said he bought it from a guy that was in lawn services. Supposedly he can't use this in the yards he does now because of it's size, he has 2 W/B's.

7. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

That's a great deal on that mower.

8. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

That's pretty disappointing to me because it looks just like my mower, and I sure wouldn't sell mine for only $3200.

9. Prestige Lawns

Prestige Lawns LawnSite Member

That looks too good to be true.

10. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

The Tri Vantage deck is the same as the Ultracut deck. I would check it out and offer him 2500. Keep in mind that engine only has about 800 good hrs left if it was taken care of before you'll have to start thinking about replacing it. If it is in great shape like it appears to be in the picture then offer him more. Pretty good deal.