exmark open houses

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by dlandscaping, Mar 20, 2002.

1. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

My dealer is having their Exmark open house in the next few weeks. I have heard guys talking about getting deals or sale prices on machines during open houses. Is there a chance that I would get a sale price on a machine at the open house? My dealer goes right by the list prices that were in this months Turf magazine and I really haven't said anything to him about a deal. Should I ask my dealer to throw in a small discount or extra blades etc? I have bought all my 2cycle stuff there totally over $2000. He is a great dealer and will give machines in case of a break, but he is a ways out. The toro guy down the street will give me discounts on a hydro mower. I am looking at the tthp with 17 elec start and the toro 44 with 15kohler elec start. Total price difference is about $700 and the toro has an hr meter, elec clutch and bigger bag. I will demo both machines but price is definately a factor for me at this point in time. Thanks for your time.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

dl,

Pricing is strictly up to the dealer. Some give discounts other don't. Some dealers for competing brands discount and others don't. For the most part I think you'll find you get what you pay for but in never hurts to ask for some type of discount. First look at the engines. The 15 Kohler is a great engine but it's a 15. You can generally figure $100 per horsepower when comparing pricing so $200 of the price difference is for the engine. You said your Exmark dealer takes care of you, gives you loaners etc. How much money did you really save if your machine goes down and you can't get a loaner or the loaner you do get is worn out trade in garden tractor?

I of course think the Exmark mower is a better machine in terms of performance, ergonomics, quality of cut and service after the sale. If however we assume the two machines are equal in all aspects why is one less? It's possible that there is a difference in dealer performance? Will one dealer stock enough parts to keep you running, does he have a solid service department with experienced technicians, are parts available next day if you need them, and will they be open and or stay late when you need them? It really comes down to performance after the sale and not which machine will cost you less.

Now look at income generating potential. The price difference when comparing these two machines is minimal if you factor in the income earning potential price really isn’t a factor your probably talking penny’s per day if they perform equally. If one performs better it doesn’t take but a few weeks to make up the difference in pricing. After that your just making a lot more money than you would have.

Demo the Exmark and any other brand, compare performance with and with out the manufacturers sulky, grass catcher etc. Which one will mulch better, which one will cut better. The best deal in the world isn't a deal at all if you can't get service after the sale or it doesn't perform in your specific conditions.

Just another marathon post from yours truly. Thanks for your patience.

Terry