1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark or Bobat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SnoMan97, Apr 15, 2005.

1. SnoMan97

SnoMan97 LawnSite Member

I have narrowed the choices for my new 36" w/b to the Exmark Metro with the Kawasaki 13hp for $2550+tax or the Bobcat classic with the Briggs 15hp for $2200+ tax. Which one do you guys think would be the best deal?
  2. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

Well you what mower I would buy. Bob Cats have always done me right.
  3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Well personaly I would go for the bobcat. We use to have a 36" bobcat classic (ours was a real classic btw) and that mower was an absolute dream to operate. Not only that buy it cut better than any mower we have ever owned. These include a 48" Lazer Z hp, 36"scag << Worst cut EVER, 50" Gravely pro <<< Most durable ever, 52" Bunton, Gravely 34Z <<< Amazing little ZTR. We actually had 2 of the 36" classics years and years ago and both were great! We sold them both and we are trying to buy one of them back even though it has about 6,000+ hours on it. Thats how much we like them. :cool2:
  4. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i do believe in bobcat mowers.... i & my dad own an bobcat 61'' ztr and love it, best cut/ deal.
  5. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

old bobcats were great, Ive used one . new ones ( classic version) not that good. Exmark the last few yrs.jumped up as one of the best. I thought i'd never say this Dont rule out a gravely, they are nice machines.easy height adj. and awesome cutand good deals on them.
  6. SnoMan97

SnoMan97 LawnSite Member

I would love to check out a Gravely but the closest dealer is quite a few miles away from me.
  7. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

The Bobcat Classic is a less expensive version of the "real" Bobcat. The Classic has smaller tires, single width belt, less expensive engine (Briggs), deck is welded to the tractor frame. The "real" Bobcat has full size tires, double width drive belt, deck is bolted to the tractor frame, Kawasaki engine. These are the major differences. For a little more money the "real" Bobcat will give you years of great service. Check it out.
  8. BobcatZT

BobcatZT LawnSite Member

You know my vote! :waving:
  9. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I'd go with a BobCat, but not the classic... Exmark wins the vote of the 2 choices you provided.
  10. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2003 48" Bob-Cat belt drive mower w/ 15 HP Kawi V-Twin engine and I love it!!! It has a fantastic quality of cut, and stripe. Mine is the "Professional Grade" mower not the "Classic". I was looking at getting a 36" mower just like you a few weeks ago and I was between the Bob-Cat "Classic" and a Toro Proline. I went with the 2005 36" Toro Proline belt drive w/ 13HP Kawi V-Twin engine (which I love so far!!!) because the dealer said the Toro Proline is a better machine than the Bob-Cat "Classic". He said the "Classic is not a truly commercial machine, since it has the smaller tires, single drive belts and not as commercial engines. I love both of my WB mowers and they both have their strong points. Both the Bob-Cat and the Toro Proline mowers are truly heavy duty, commercial machines in every regard. Personally, if I were you and the "Professional Grade" Bob-Cat is too expensive for your budget, I would go with the Exmark. BTW Exmark and Toro Proline WB mowers are exactly the same. Both Bob-Cat and Toro/ Exmark mowers are truly world class mowers. Hope this helps.