1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark or Dixie Chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by X-mow, Jun 12, 2003.

?

Which Is better overall

1. Exmark

63 vote(s)
    80.8%
  2. Dixie Chopper

15 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. X-mow

X-mow LawnSite Member

Which Mower do you think is better,Overall?

2. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

I am partial to my Choppers for flat open production mowing, especially if the turf is long. They leave a nice clean cut especially with doubles.

Prefer my eXmarks for mulching the smaller landscaped props. & on hills.

3. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I perfer the Exmark Lazer HP, I run a muching kit and it does one nice job.. I try to keep the baldes sharps and well balance. :cool: I also run a 48" Metro with floating deck and gator blades it too cut so nice.

4. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

I would hope that only thoes who have used both would vote on this.

5. eXmarks, Toros, Walkers, and now Dixie Choppers, which is it?

You are so full of cha cha it's unreal.

I prefer Exmarks over DC and I "have" both.

Dixies will cut supper tall grass better than the Exmarks, but you have to double cut them anyways so the eXmarks still come out on top. Exmark disperses clippings better than any mower I have ever used.

6. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

How about if I demoed a Dixie and own an Exmark??? Does my opinion count LeoS818??? I'm with LGF, I have yet to find a mower that disperses clippings as well as an Exmark.

7. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

I bought my first Chopper on a bet. Bet was I wouldn't buy that "ugly" mower over a new eXmark.

Haven't been dissapointed. Bought another the following year. Great mowers for our large flat com. accounts.

8. Jimmy348

Jimmy348 LawnSite Member

I looked at a dixie....got sick and purchased an exmark
    That is one ugly machine
    Reminds me of a soup can with the wrapper missing

9. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

That chopper may seem ugly to you but the reality of this situation is this machine is designed to cut grass,period!!...When I leave my accounts and look back over my shoulder I'm seeing what the customer and their neighbors will see until I return, A lawn that is cut clean and has a nice stripe...unless you were there when I was cutting how would you know my machine was ugly? How many on here leave their mowers on the job so eveyone can see how good the equipment looks??? Mine is at the next account making $$$$$$$

10. Lets see some pics with you sitting on it.

So far we have seen a 48" Exmark HP WB, a I would guess 36" Toro wb in a messy garage, a MM8000, and a trailer. Now you have to account for more Exmarks, 2 Dixie Choppers, a few Walker GHS's and 3-Isuzu SPR spray rigs.

Did I miss anything?