Exmark or Ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rick2752, Apr 27, 2005.

1. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

Getting ready to buy a striping kit and was wondering if anyone has experience with both rollers. Is there a difference between the two rollers? Ebay looks decent, does it have bearing problems also? Thanks for everyones input.

2. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

I can only speak for the Ebay version, its been working great... No problems....

3. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

What kit on eBay?

4. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

The exmark striping kit that is on ebay for 60"Lazer Z. He sells them all the time.

5. Tony1045

Tony1045 LawnSite Member

Have you considered making your own. It's pretty easy, especially for the Exmarks. I made mine from a piece of 1"1/2 X 1" 1/2 X 36" angle iron. Drilled a hole every inch, then attached pieces of heavy chain at each hole. The angle iron bolts to the under side of the rear of the mower frame. My mower already had the holes there, and the chains drags the ground. Painted it black to match the mower frame. All told, I think it ran me about $50.00. Everything you need can be found at your local Home Depot. Does an excellent job. Give me a few and I'll snap a couple pics and post em. Just an idea, Tony

6. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

Made my own roller. I've got about $15.00 dollars in mine, been using it for 2years now. here are some pics.

LAWN PICS APRIL 2004.jpg

LAWN PICS APRIL 27 04 #2.jpg

MARCH 2005-3.JPG

7. I need a roller for a 62 inch zmaster and a 48 inch Bunton walkbehind any suggestion...

8. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Excactly!
    Why spend mega $$$ on a striping kit if you can improvise something of your own? You dont need to be an astronaut to stripe a lawn.
    Good Luck
    PC

9. gocards

gocards LawnSite Member

I spent about $20 on my striping kit. If you have the money to blow then go ahead and get the one off Ebay.

10. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

I did make my own and it hasnt held up. I ordered a conveyor roller and it just didnt make it. I figured that my time is worth something. Chain stripe looks good but didnt think I would like it because of the noise and dragging gravel into yard. Thanks

I found another at York Sheet Metal and they have greasable bearings, They are nearly the same price as Ebay and I think bearings maybe better.