Exmark or Ferris

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by farmmower, May 4, 2013.

1. farmmower

farmmower LawnSite Member

Will ask the dealer next week when we demo. For the John Deere 960 they were asking $400 or so for their optional seat so I'm guessing it is that neighborhood although it is not the same as this I don't think. Here is the Ferris description of their optional seat:

"Premium adjustable seat with optional suspension platform"

2. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

The only warranty claims I have had to do are all little stuff. Year before last there was a big belt issue. But since then Ferris has switched to a higher grade of carlisle belts andthe problem pretty much went away. Then just little stuff like gas gauges and the occasional idler pulley. But nothing like the amount of warranty claims for husqvarna ha ha
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

This is very worthwhile information, you are able to see what problems may arise from a pattern due to dealing with numbers of a certain brand mowers.

4. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

I ordered a suspension seat kit but kept the nice factory seat for my new 3100. Ferris usu to use a Michigan seat for the suspension seat upgrade. I don't know if they still use it but the new high back seat is nice
    Posted via Mobile Device