Exmark or Hustler.....i need some help from some pros!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DillonsLawnCare, Jul 30, 2007.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

:usflag: im 14 and i have 18 accounts. i currently have a 52" toro walkbehind. its getiing the job done but it wears me out at the end of the day. im looking into zero turn riders right now and ive narrowed it down between ferris, exmark, and hustler. i know everyone says hustler's are amazing and cut like a dream, but ive never driven a hustler and they seem a little pricey. i have ALOT of bumpy terrain and thats caught my interset into the ferris mowers. since they have all that suspension, and from what i heard it works great.
    and then the exmark mowers. i have a great dealer right down the road from me and i would really like to buy one from him. they have great dealer support and service, which is one of the things you have to check for when purchasing a mower!

hustler = expensive, are they really worth that much $$$?:confused:
    exmark = dealer support, quality machine, less $$$ than hustler!!
    ferris = not good dealer support, suspension, quality machine

if someone can give me their opinion that would be great!!!

thanks for all your help on previous threads!!!!!!:cool2: :weightlifter:

:usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

The Hustler is one of the best quality riding mowers out there, i dont no how well they cut in your area. The Exmark with the great dealer support is the one i'd go with Iam a huge Hustler and Exmark Fan. I'd demo them both to see what you like and what cut is better, if your looking at the AS Exmark model nothing beats the Ultra -cut deck. If the dealer support sucks with the ferris dont buy it.

3. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

First off narrow your search down DO NOT GET A FERRIS, EXmark great machine, I prefer the hustler super-z 60" E.F.I, Thats all I buy. You can get flex forks for hustler, if u want some kind of suspension.

4. DillonsLawnCare

ok, well now its down either hustler or exmark.
    but hustler's are soo much more expensive than exmark. ive cut grass with the lazer z ADV. series with a 60" ultracut 28hp kawi, and i love it!!

are hustler's really worth the extra 2 to 3 grand??

thanks for the input so far.

5. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

which Hustler Model are you looking at?

6. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

I realy need to know how big of yards you are cutting. I have huge commercial accounts, and I like the transport speed, and cutting speed, and all the attachments I got for the hustler...but I use all the attachments, if you are cutting small-medium yards I would go with exmark or maby even a Trimstar hydro WB since you only have 18 accounts. I would wait until you got enough customers to justify a ztr.

7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I thought you said you weren't going to get a Z because you didn't have enough business yet...

Why don't you just go ask your dad which one he wants to buy, that should make the decision easy.

8. DillonsLawnCare

no, i had 8 acounts, but now i have 18! i cut 1+ acres. 80% of my yards are acres and some 2 acre lots. i cut with a 52" and i wanna stay with a 52". i dont know what brand of hustler im looking at. theyre all soo expensive!
    and i dont know which one is homeowner and which one is commercial, they've got so many models. are the hustlers worth it or not?

oh, and im gunna buy this one on my own like i did my walkbehind!
    thanks

9. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

It is really tough to beat Exmark for the $$$$$
    I have the the 52 with all the attachments and LOVE it
    I also have good dealer support.
    I also just bought a Hustler Trimstar.
    In doing so, I tried the Super Z....GREAT machine, but 2k buys a lot of extras
    Just my .02

10. DillonsLawnCare

well, what is so great about the hustlers?
    the exmarks have rops and the hustlers dont.
    what better features do they have for sooo much more money??

thanks