1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark or Hustler WB ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dancer, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I know you guys are thinking I have no clue as to what the heck I am doing ! Yes I have posted another question !

I have through a process of elimination and a little research come to the conclusion that I don't want the following
    Scag, Dane, MTD Pro, John Deere, Toro or Bobcat as far as a 36" WB .
    At the same time I am leaning toward the Hustler or Exmark, Is this good or bad ? I am thinking due to the fact that I deal with scopes and some hillsides a hydro might be the best way to go. The other thing is that the closest dealer that has anything is 45 miles away and he sells MTD Pro and Scag ! I don't really like either. The next closest is 65 miles and they sell wright standers and exmark. But they want $500 more for a TT HP 36" than a dealer 210 miles away and he will give me a bagger for nothing. With exception to the those two dealers 45 and 65 miles away I have to go 210 miles to get anything decent so I figure I might as well get what is good the first time ! Which should I get Exmark or Hustler ? Which is easier to operate ?
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I have just about all brands withen 5 miles. I choose to drive almost 20 miles (by road) to my preferred dealer though. I though THAT was a long drive.

I'm an Exmark fan 100%, but I'd drive that 45 miles for a SCAG any day. The 36" market is quite close in features and quality. It's not until you get into the ZTR's that things REALLY matter.

Good Luck,

Happy Driving!