Exmark or Kubota (quality of cut)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newblade, Dec 20, 2005.

1. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

Who has owned both kubota and exmark, and which one has the better cut? I am talking about a zd21 or a gas exmark? I can get a zd21 - 60 for $8950
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Which deck on the ZD21?

The stamped one or the Pro-Deck that looks about like eXmark?
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Go with the Exmark, Kubota is better at Tractors w/ Diesels
  4. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

the diesel will save to a ton in fuel costs.
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Very true and certainly worth $8,950 regardless of deck type if it cuts well in his area.
    He will have to demo to find out though.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Diesel is higher than gas,also running a diesel all day will give you a headache.
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Only a little bit, only in some areas...
    Even so, that engine will average around 1/2 gallon an hour, verses 1 gallon + with gas.

Throw off road diesel into the mix, avoid the road tax and come out way ahead.
    Then there is the bio-diesel....
  8. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I've own both....still have the zd28 buts its going next spring for another scag tt61"....kubota to hard to work on for the average joe....love the diesel but the hydralics are a joke...
  9. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

I've only delt with the Exmarks. They leave a great cut and their very easy to work on. But like it was said earlier, you'll have to demo the two of them and choose from there. Only then will you find out what you like as far as type of cut, noise factor, or the amount of fuel used.:cool:
  10. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

I know a cutter who has the Kubota Z6-23 Gas Engine 54" HD Deck 5" depth, the Hydraulic Lift with the height adjustment dial is nice, the tranny seems alittle complex, has the Hermetically Sealed, no belts to change just fluid change's, It cuts ok but nothing like a Exmark, Toro, or Scag....Mark's Mowing Service