Exmark or Lesco

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawsonc, Sep 8, 2005.

1. lawsonc

lawsonc LawnSite Member

I am going to get a new 52" mower and have been pricing both Exmark and Lesco. I currently have one exmark and i have had no problems but price wise Lesco has them crushed. I have talked to several people and the only bad thing i hear about either one of them is that Lesco is a pain to get parts from sometimes. They order the wrong thing or it takes them forever to get them.

What are your opinions and is it worth saving money and getting the Lesco or should i suck it up and pay the extra for exmark, the dealers are about the same distance from my house.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I love my exmark. Great cut quality and parts program. There customer service is great too! Good Luck!

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Save the money and get a Lesco. They are the same as the Cub Cadet Commercial machines for a lot less money. If you had trouble getting parts through Lesco you could always go to your local Cub dealer and get parts through them.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

---------------------------------------------------------------------

6590.jpg

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Hmmm... BMW or a Hyundai. :confused:

6. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

If those are the only 2 choices, Exmark has my vote!

7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I was in this same situation at the begening of this season. Looked at both and liked both. Lesco was definately cheaper. But as someone already said, and I agree....Lesco service and parts will be more of a challenge. I bought the eXmark, and I am glad I did. The ECS controls are well worth the extra cheddar, IMO.

8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

between those choices I would have to go with the Hyundai, Lesco's got my vote. :)

9. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

LOL, just what I was thinking.

10. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

How much is the Exmark?

How much is the Lesco?

Lesco gets a bad rap, but my walkbehind has been a soild machine for the last 5 years. Exmarks are very expensive and you have to figure your bottom line when it comes to equipment. Is the extra money for the exmark really worth it? Is it going to do something special or last longer?