Exmark or MTD pro? More than meets the eye

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trimmasters, Apr 30, 2000.

1. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

I have been working on a big contract (1,150,000 sq ft.)I would want 2 60&quot; mowers<br>a lazer will run about $8,000<br>I have a frind that works for MTD and gets a good discount, which would make the pro 60&quot; $4,800. don't get me wrong, I LOVE my lazer but I can almost get 2 MTD's for the price of one lazer

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Good thing. From what I hear you will need two, one will always be in the shop. j/k :)<p>Go with the Exmarks. 1.15 million sq feet should generate some jack. You should be able to afford them.

3. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Not to that its any of my business but how much can you get for a job like that<br>

4. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

hey jhon-<br>it all depends on what you're mowing; if you're doing the drop zone at Lahm airport you should get Ford's w/ a 3 pt. mower,or JD's 955, etc. If it's Meijer's, that's prety rough too actually- use a tractor type again. If it's relatively smooth, get some dixie's- they run great on flat, wide open mowing. There's one in Ohio Auto-RV the past few weeks. Suburban turbin with 2 20hp motors & a 72&quot; cut for $7600. 1998 model- not bad.<br>If you specify more detail about the grounds in question, we can give a better diagnosis. <br>The drop zone at the airport will eat a dixie or lazer, scag, etc. type mower for breakfast. Way too rough terrain.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

5. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

well forget that!<p>it was for rubbermaid in wooster <br>total for contract was around $150,000 per year. All work, Snow, mulch, mowing, triming ect. just found out I was beat by a few hundred bucks. THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>I will check out that dixe though, I didn't konw they had come to this area yet. is there a dealer nearby? <p><br>

6. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

don't feel bad john; most likely it was someone who had an inside scoop. Rarely do people just &quot;happen&quot; to bid that close on that big a property. They'll bid just low enuf to get the job, & mgt. can say they went with the lowest bid. <br>The dixie is used & in the Ohio Auto RV trader (the free one). There is a dixie dealer, I believe, in Loudonville? Check their website for dealer location.<br>Don't feel bad; I lost a few this season that way, tho not as big as that.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>