exmark or scag?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Prestige Landscaping, Jan 26, 2013.

1. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

same here I use all 110 trimmers and have no complaints at all

2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

What are you cutting? Perfect grass goes to exmark, everything else scag has em beat.

3. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Don't work for kawi, I'm a lco with a decent degree when it comes to engines though. Have a buddy who did design some kawi engines and currently designs polaris/victory engines. Interesting note on a victory engine running on dynos the motors are gaining hp past 100,000 miles.

Anyways you made a thread, cool inform ones with that thread. People interested will follow it or it can be searched if people are interested in it. Posting on peoples for sale threads, not cool. Hijacking threads like this one, not cool.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Prestige Landscaping

Prestige Landscaping LawnSite Member

Well I'd have to say we run exmarks now and they never give us any problems other than minor things. So over all we are happy. As far as echo goes tho my employees are the main reason I have a problem with them. My guys say they do not have the power that they think they should... But is this due to the torque converter. Maybe they just sound like they are not doing alot but really are. I know they are suppose to be 50% less rpm's with same power but we are starting to think that's bullcrap.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It is all in their heads unless you don't have them peaked out in rpm. It is high torque and slightly lower rpm but under load it is alnmost the same. Get you units tuned.....SRM265T is the best of their units.

6. smitty's lawncare

smitty's lawncare LawnSite Member

scags are the best..hands down. shindaiwa hand helds are the only way to go

7. pvbooner

pvbooner LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I did a ton a research and tested about everything out there this time last year and went with the scag. Ended up getting the 72"cheetah with the 34 kohler. Like others have said, if you are mowing well manicured lawns that are completely dry it is hard to beat the exmark however I don't often mow in those conditions. For me the scag was the best choice, you have to decide what is the best choice for you, both are quality made machines. Good luck with whatever you choose.

8. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

I agree! Exmark for a plush well taken care of lawn, anything else Scag!